Since 2022, a seven-member European jury is choosing an overall winner for
each edition of EUPL, as well as five special mentions.
The European jury is composed of seven members: all literary experts, with professional influence and who are both competent and influential in the field of literature and translation.
The members of the European jury are appointed by the two members of the EUPL Consortium, after consultation with experts in the sector.
The members of the European jury for the 2022 edition are:
- Koukla MacLehose, literary scout, President of the European jury
- Julia Angelin, CEO & Literary Agent of Salomonsson Agency
- Sonia Draga, a publisher and the founder of the Sonia Draga Publishing House
- Georgi Gospodinov, writer, poet and playwriter based in Sofia, Bulgaria
- Vera Michalski, president of several publishing houses in Switzerland, France and Poland and of the Jan Michalski Foundation
- Kristīne Pīkenena, manager of K. Barona branch of Jānis Roze bookshops
- Thomas Überhoff, former editor at Rowohlt Verlag and translator